Some bugs I found and suggestions

Hello, dear beta testing community,

First I would like to mention the bug I found:

On a fresh page, when I introduce a text box, the box is at the top left but slightly out of the page. The width is about one letter. I’ll screen it immediately when I can reproduce it again, because it’s not always like this.

Now to my suggestions:

1. I can zoom it fine ant it stays zoomed in as it shoul. But when I zoom out it automatically reverts to full page. Which for me is kind of too much, blinding, and I can’t get an overall look or see how much till the end of the page without scrolling. Would you implement to support zoom out and stay zoomed out? And maybe with a double click with two fingers to revert to full screen?

2. I would like to set a primary language for every notebook. Such as notebook 1, German writing, notebook 2, English and so on. It would help a lot with conversion so I don’t have to change it manually every time. And in case of need I can anyway change the language for the converted text in app. This should be left as it is, but it would be great to add a primary standard language for a new notebook, maybe directly from the new page quick options. That would improve usability a lot.

3. I would like to replace the primary 5 quick settings from the top bar with any other setting from the extended top right bar. For example, to add the conversion at the top bar in the middle. This kind of customising would be great for all customers.

( question: what is the “glasses” button at the top bar? Is it just for reading without editing by mistake? )

4th and last. Please place to redo button at the right of the undo button. There is space. And maybe some customisable gestures for undo and redo, to not always use the buttons? On the large new iPad Pro it’s unreachable with one finger if I hold the iPad in my hands.

That’s my report for now. Looking forward to your answers and suggestions how to improve myself as a beta tester, since it’s clear for me, that this is a privilege :slight_smile:

Sincerely, Renato :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much for reporting the bug. If you can reproduce the issue, please take a screenshot. If we can reproduce the issue consistently here, we could fix it easier.

About your suggestions:

Yeah, I got your point! We want to implement that behavior too - but there were some technical limitations with our page view module that we decided to use current behavior, your zoom level is always set to min as 100% or larger. When we work on our upcoming release, we’ll surely consider this.

I see your use case. This is practical for those who use more than one language. We’ll think carefully how to approach to this workflow.

Actually you can configure scrollable quick tool - use your finger to long press on an existing slot, then choose the desired tool. Scroll all the way to the left to reveal all slots. Would this work?

It’s read-only mode to avoid unwanted changes while reviewing your notebooks.

Thanks, good point! We’ll see what we can do with it.

One thing, how is the new syncing feature working (iCloud)? Have you tried to delete the app and restore the data from iCloud?

1 Like

Hello sir, and thank you for your fast response :slight_smile:

I fount the scrollable bar, and it works ofc me. It would just feel more natural to have the favorites at the top customisable.

Yes, at first I didn’t delete the app, because I thought it might bug, but I just deleted, reinstalled and resynced from iCloud. It worked perfect. It was instant, no lag or any further action required. For me on the iPad Pro 11 it worked perfect :slight_smile:

Cheers and thank you very much for taking my opinions into consideration :slight_smile:

1 Like