I’d like to +1 this issue, I have experienced the same in the past 2 weeks or so, without having changed anything to my habits with the app and my iPad.
The issue I get:
- Sporadic but consistent lag:
** When scrolling the pages of a book, it goes smoothly at first but then has interruptions (like hiccups) every seconds or little less.
** When writing, the pen movement is skipped for a fraction of a second: as a result, the drawing that was meant to happen during this time-window is skipped, i.e. it is replaced by a straight stroke from the point the lag started to the point it stopped
- both issues above happen to all the books I already created and new ones I’ve created for test
Here is how I use the app:
- Using one main book most of the time (300+ pages)
- mostly writing (i.e. not many pics or pdf pasted)
- iPad Pro 1st gen pen
Here is context:
- App has updated roughly at the same time I’ve started noticing the issue (about 2 weeks ago), but I don’t monitor that as I let it update automatically
- No iOS update long before I started noticing the issue
- No config nor settings changed on Notes Plus
I’ve tried the following without success:
- Killing the app
- Restarting the iPad
- Reproducing the issue with other existing notes taking apps
- Creating a fresh new notebook and writing to it, then scrolling through it
The issues reproduce consistently, I could video them if need be. How could I send this material over?
This app is very important to me as it is the main reason I am using my iPad for at work: taking written notes. The writing lag issue is a show stopper for me. Hence I’d highly appreciate your support on the matter.
Thanks in advance for your support.