The first beta build for Notes Plus is now available for registered beta testers on TestFlight! Testers should receive beta builds via your email. You can get access to the beta program by registering your interest through leaving a post in this topic . We’ll be regularly adding new testers to TestFlight.
Install Beta Notes Plus build via TestFlight
We are using TestFlight for testing. Please follow the instructions you receive from TestFlight to complete the installation. You can install TestFlight on each of your iOS devices using the App Store.
Changelog for v6.1
- Improve iCloud sync-ing stability: In this version, Notes Plus implemented a packaged notebook where all content and metadata files are packaged in one notebook file. We found in our internal testing that this way solved blank page issue due to iOS caching problem. Also, we developed a UI for users to manually download notebook when it’s cached and not available locally. We still need to polish our UI for downloading cached files in subsequent beta builds. Users can open Files.app on iPad, go to iCloud Drive > Notes Plus > Notebooks > now each notebook is a single package file (in production app, you would see each notebook is a folder with a bunch of resource files inside the notebook folder name). Packaged notebok file will help improve stability for syncing.
- We also fixed some PDF rendering issues
CAUTION ABOUT BETA TESTING
While we are careful with the coding, there are still potential mistakes happening in edge cases that we may not cover well during our internal testing/development. If you decide to try out a beta version of Notes Plus for iPhone/iPad, please always keep in mind that this is pre-release software and you should therefore keep regular backups and not rely on the beta version if you rely on the app for meetings, essential notes, close deadlines, etc.
Important Note: Our beta build will overwrite the production Notes Plus app that you installed on App Store. You are advised to backup your important data in Notes Plus via iTunes in this process:
- Open Notes Plus
- Go to Library > Auto Backup > tap Stop to turn off iCloud Drive syncing
- Choose to keep the data remained on your local disk
- Now, backup all the notebooks via iTunes as shown in next steps
- Connect your iPad to computer via USB cable
- Launch iTunes, locate to Notes Plus Documents via iTunes File Sharing (see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4094 )
- Select “Notebooks” folder and drag it out of iTunes
- The “Notebooks” folder should contain all your notebook resource files. Keep it safe on local folder or archive it to somewhere which can be accessed later (you can compress entire “Notebooks” as zip file for easy archived).
- Then, install Notes Plus on TestFlight
- Re-enable iCloud Drive and start testing the new packaged notebook system
You can report new bugs in this topic or create a new topic to explain your bug reports with details (screenshots are highly appreciated). Please tell us your iPad model/iOS version so we can reproduce and fix bugs easier.
Who can try the beta versions
Everyone can try the beta versions of Notes Plus. But again only do so by taking the precautions mentioned above, and are aware of the risks.
What do I do encounter an issue or run into problems?
Please report them to us. Either here in the Beta section of the forum, or by sending an email.
Make sure you clearly mention you are using the beta version and provide as many details (descriptions, screenshots, example files) etc.
If I don’t want to risk it, will I have to wait long?
That’s hard to tell, some beta cycles can be short (a few days), others longer (a few weeks). In general though we try to keep it as short as possible and get it to you as soon as we can*.
What if I want to switch back to the regular version?
You can simply indicate you’d like to stop testing in the TestFlight App and you should no longer get updates. Simply install again the current version from the App Store again and use it to replace the beta.
We would like to thank everyone who is willing to help us beta test Notes Plus and make it better.
Notes Plus Team